Be your own Udon master with Food by Maria‘s flavourful and fresh mint, avocado and pomegranate Udon noodle bowl, a refreshing twist on the classic Japanese flavours made with this thick wheat noodle.
My Fresh Mint, Avocado and Pomegranate Udon noodle bowl is perfect for spring. It’s hearty without being too heavy, and the flavours are bright, crunchy and refreshing — the perfect lunch to pick you up midday. This dish has it all: A fresh burst of citrus and sweet crunch from the pomegranates, a zesty dairy-free cream and a little crunch from sesame seeds.
Impress your friends with this brilliant flavour combination, keep scrolling for the recipe below:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 packets of Udon Noodles – cooked in hot water for around 10 minutes
- 1 green zucchini, medium sized, spiralized
- 1 yellow zucchini, medium sized, spiralized
- 1 avocado, some thinly sliced, or whole – choose what you prefer
- ½ a cup of freshly cut mint
- ¼ cup of pomegranates
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds for crunch
- Lime and more mint for garnish
Udon Noodle Sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- Juice from one lime
- Place your udon noodles into a large bowl with hot water (just covered) for around 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl add all your sauce ingredients, and whisk together till well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare your veg by spiralizing the zucchini, slicing the avo, lime and mint! Place your pomegranates, and sesame seeds aside as well!
- Once your udon are fully cooked (you can tell by the soft texture) strain them, and add the sauce to this bowl and stir well, or until all the noodles are fully coated!
- You can now begin to assemble to your bowl!
- I like you place the noodles down first, then the veg and garnish! Play with your styling, and try your best to have fun with it!
- You cannot go wrong! Enjoy.