All things are mastered best under the guidance of an expert.
Including your cocktail game.
So to give you an extra (eight) hands, Bombay Sapphire has launched a nationwide contest to showcase the top bartender talent Canada has to offer.
Eight incredibly imaginative bartenders will be competing for the chance to be crowned the winner of the 2016 Bombay Sapphire Most Imaginative Bartender Competition in Laverstoke, U.K.– and the best part is they’ll be sharing their signature recipes with you.
We caught up with Dominik Aschauer (Proof YYC) and Samantha Casuga (Native Tongues Taqueria) of Calgary to see what they’re mixing for the contest. From Old Hollywood to the illusion of reality, these bartenders managed to bottle up their unique inspirations and combine them in a pair of heavenly glasses.
See them in action below and try to keep up by using their recipes to craft your own standout libation.
Dominik Aschauer | “Use Your Illusion 3”
- 2oz Bombay Sapphire
- 1oz Lemon Juice
- .75oz Homemade Tea Syrup
- .5oz Violeté Liqueur
- .25oz Orgeat
- 3dsh Orange Bitters
- Egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin, double shake & strain into Collins glass topped with soda
- Homemade Tea Syrup (infuse 1000ml simple syrup with loose leaf tea roughly about 1 cup)
Samantha Casuga | “In the Garden of Lonely Children“
- 5oz Bombay Sapphire
- 75oz Chamomile Liqueur
- 5oz Rhubarb syrup
- 1oz Barley water
- Lemon & Rose Foam
- Shake first four ingredients and strain into a chilled coupe
- Top with lemon & rose foam
- Garnish with roses and chamomile buds