With Valentines Day quickly approaching, you may have felt like you’ve been scrambling to plan a special weekend for your significant other.
Surprisingly enough, you can spend a very romantic weekend without having to leave your city.
According to Amazon.ca, Canada is home to some very romantic cities. Not only did they compile their list of the 20 most romantic cities in Canada, they also made Valentine’s Day shopping a breeze by including their most popular romantic sellers.
Their ranking was based on the analysis of its per capita sales data of romance novels, relationship books, romantic comedies, music, as well as jewelry and “sexual wellness” items.
On a provincial level, British Columbia dominates in the romance category, with seven cities on the annual list.
Ontario came next, hosting six steamy cities, while Alberta followed behind with four romantic cities. Saskatchewan followed with two romantic spots and Manitoba finished the list with Winnipeg being its sole romantic city.
Shockingly, Montreal didn’t make the cut, which could be because its residents aren’t as freaky as some B.C. spots.
Without further adieu, here are Canada’s most romantic cities…
- Victoria, BC
- North Vancouver, BC
- Waterloo, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- Saskatoon, SK
- Calgary, AB
- Kingston, ON
- Guelph, ON
- Oakville, ON
- Edmonton, AB
- Lethbridge, AB
- Kelowna, BC
- Regina, SK
- Red Deer, AB
- Nanaimo, BC
- Winnipeg, MB
- London, ON
- Langley, BC
- Kitchener, ON
- Kamloops, BC
Other highlights of Amazon’s report:
– When it comes to novels, Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James was the most in-demand book.
– Diamonds are still a girl’s best friend, as diamonds, emeralds and 24-carat gold jewellery were the most common jewellery purchases.
– Canadians love their rom-coms: The Hundred-Foot Journey was the top pick among Victoria residents.
– Other favourite rom-coms across the country included Pretty Woman, While You Were Sleeping, and Sleepless in Seattle.
– If you’re still looking for a Valentine’s Day gift idea, Amazon’s number one seller is a pair of 18k white gold-plated Cubic Zirconia earrings on sale for $20.